Going Under Contract
Congrats! You’re under contract! In about 30-60 days – you’ll be a homeowner!
The first week will feel very busy. You’ll turn in your initial earnest money, hire an attorney, conduct your inspection, complete a loan application & enter attorney review. Phew! Thankfully, this is by far the busiest period of your transaction.
The resources below will walk you through your major milestones so that you understand what’s to come. Don’t worry, though – your Transaction Coordinator is on top of all the tasks & deadlines, & will keep you on track. Please reach out with any questions!
- Transaction Milestones – a high-level flyover of what to expect for the duration of your transaction
- Paying Earnest Money – everything you need to know about paying your earnest money deposits
- Conducting the Inspection – what to expect during your inspection, & information about optional add-on tests
- Navigating Attorney Review – learn what a real estate attorney does, & how to negotiate inspection fixes
- Understanding the Appraisal – a quick primer on the appraisal, its purpose, & what to do if it falls short
- Reviewing Condo Docs – a few things to keep in mind during condo doc review